Friday 7 October 2011

Let's Get It Started

So this is my first blog post! I'm new to this so it will be interesting to see how it goes, I have been having fun with it already though!

I thought I would write a little about what inspired to name the blog fashionmagpie. I’ve always been a big lover of jewellery, from picking out the beads and making it myself to the high end Links of London Sweetie that I got for my 18th. I love all different kinds of jewels with a passion for earrings, however when it comes down to it BIGGER is BETTER. 

Here is a rundown of my top 5 favourite pieces..


 1) These little beauties are a Topshop find, I got them in the Christmas sales. They are perfect for dressing up a casual outfit, I wore them out on Wednesday, when we went to have 'casual drinks' to dress up my jeans and tee combo (ended up very drunk at a club, very unplanned.)


2) These gold feathers are by far my favourite earrings, I wear them so much, if I can't find a pair that go with my outfit these babies never fail to let me down! They are a few years old now and if I ever lost one (girls worst nightmare) I think I might have a small breakdown.. And for those of you who are interested I got them in Topshop, and even paid full price for them, something which is unheard of for me!



 3) This ring is another of my favourites and again as you can see, its BIG! I got it in the Miss Selfridge sale  few months ago and I have been wearing it ever since. I want to add to my ring collection but I always seem to loose them so quickly! I'm thinking of adding a Pandora ring to my Xmas wish list, early I know, but the shops have started so its putting me in the mood!





4) I bought this tribal-esque piece this summer in H&M for about £6? I can't remember the exact price-but it was pretty cheap! Ive got really into H&M jewellery recently, they have some good bits and bobs mixed in with the weird and wonderful. There has been a lot of tooth jewellery like this around at the moment, however I'm very picky but this hit just the spot!




5) And finally we come to my 'Jesus necklace' as my friends call it. Its super long and super colourful! I got it for my 19th in June and wore it alot on holiday along with the other turquoise jewellery I invested in. Picture it worn with a white summer dress on a beach in Greece or with a maxi at a beer garden in the city, and you start to get my drift.. Its a real summer piece. And again, its Topshop.


Hope you enjoyed my Top 5, have a good weekend :) I will update on the shenanigans on Monday..
Hannah xx







1 comment: